Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 8: Metallic Nails

This is yet another manicure that I knew almost from the instant I saw the challenge what I would do for this day. Of course, with that much build up it's easy to be let down by the results. And so, it is with a bit of trepidation that I present to you my metallic nails.


The chains are from BM12, and the accent finger is from BM21. I like the accent finger, but the rest of the nails are supposed to look like chains hanging down. I don't think they turned out very well. Part of it is that the plates weren't etched very well, so it was REALLY hard to get an even coat that showed off the design. I also put the design too far down, it kind of ruins the effect. I took a close up of the thumb on my right hand, it's the only one I think looks good.


I'm also not super impressed with the silver Konad special nail polish. I don't know if it's not thick enough, or not bright enough, or what. It doesn't stand out as well as I thought it would.

Overall I'll chalk this one up to good idea, bad follow through.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried the Konad stamping polish but the GOSH silver polish is brilliant for stamping.

    ReplyDelete