Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 23: Inspired by a movie

There was no question as to which movie I was going to use for this challenge: V for Vendetta. I absolutely adore this movie, and I thought it would make for a good manicure too! I'm not sure it turned out as awesome as I thought it would, but I'm still pretty proud of it overall.


Here's the colours I used for each nail:

Thumb: Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle in "White Tip", black from Monster High set.
Pointer: black from Monster High set, Art Deco nail art lacquer in red
Middle: black from Monster High set, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Golden-I", Art Deco nail art lacquer in red
Ring: Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle in "White Tip", Art Deco nail art lacquer in red, LA Colours in "Voodoo"
Pinky: black from Monster High set, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in "Lightening", Art Deco nail art lacquer in red

Unfortunately I couldn't get the red to show up well over the black. If I did this again I would definitely draw it in white first to make the design pop more. Or maybe use acrylic paints.

Here's the poster, for those of you that haven't seen the movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment