Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 9: Rainbow Nails

I have to admit, "rainbow" is not a theme that inspired me very much. Partly because I'm not a biggest fan of having a different main colour on every nail. Especially with rainbow, because I don't have enough polishes to find colours that really go together. It's pretty much take-what-you-can-get. However, my boyfriend came up with an excellent idea: rainbow fruit nails!


The concept was that the fruit would be-in order of thumb to pinky-a red grapefruit, an orange, a lemon, a lime, and a blueberry. Unfortunately I ran into a few snags. For one, the thumb is supposed to have an orange "peel", but it didn't show up over the red. The blueberry also looks a bit out of place, I think, and again the colour on the tip didn't show up as much as I would have liked. People seem to like it though, so I guess it turned out all right. Here's a breakdown of the colours I used:

Thumb: pinkish red from the Monster High Nail Polish set, orange is LA Color's "Perfect Sunset"
Pointer: LA Color's "Perfect Sunset"
Middle: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Ligthening"
Ring: LA Color's "Palm Tree"
Pinky: purple is from the Monster High Nail Polish set, blue is LA Color's "Splash"

I also tried using acrylic paint for the first time instead of doing the designs with nail polish. I definitely liked it, but I need to get a smaller paint brush as well as more acrylic paint if I want to keep it up! I also need to find a new strengthener, this one is too thick and I always end up with bubbles in my nail polish. That, and it dries out really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment