Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 4: Green Nails

These are the first nails I will be posting that I'm not super proud of. I tried to turn a half-moon manicure into kiwis. They look okay, but they certainly didn't turn out as well as I thought I would.


The light green is "Palm Tree" and the dark green is "Voodoo", both by LA colours. I wish I had a more yellow-green to use as the light green, and then used "Palm Tree" as the dark green. I also wish I had made the white parts slightly smaller, and the edges fuzzier. Plus, a larger proportion of light green would look better. Overall, they look fine from a distance but they don't look much like kiwis. 

I usually try to make my designs last a week, but part of me wants to take them off and either move on to the next day or just throw on some glitter until I have time for the next design. That seems a bit silly. Especially because they don't look terrible, they just don't look the way I intended them to look. They're already chipping a bit though, so maybe I'll have an excuse to take them off early.

No comments:

Post a Comment