Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 5: Blue Nails

Once again, I entered this challenge with a very clear idea of what I was going to do, and ended it with a completely different design. I intended to try and do a wave manicure I have seen on several different manicure blogs, but it turns out I don't have quite the right colours to make it look good. Funny enough, I remember when I got my 48 nail polishes and I thought it was way more than I would ever use. Now I'm constantly finding colours I could use in my collection. Go figure. But I do like the final result of what I came up with.


The base colour is "Ocean Mist" and the design is in "Twilight", both by LA colours. To do this, I used the BM19 image plate. This look is really subtle, from a distance it just looks like a silvery blue. It's a different look for me, but I like it a lot.

I'm getting so impatient with this challenge, I wish I could do designs more than once a week. Maybe this summer, when my schedule clears up, I'll start doing at least two a week. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment