Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Watermelon nails!

I have been dying to do this design for weeks. The last time I planned to do it, I broke one nail completely off and had to cut the other ones short to match, and I think this design really needs a little bit of a longer nail to really look good. It took a while to get it right, but here's the final result!


The base colour is Exotic Pink by LA Colors, and the tips are done with Palm Tree and Voodoo by LA Colors as well as white by Tivoli, and the black is a nail polish I got in a pack from Claire's. I had a lot of trouble getting a good photo of the pink colour, it's actually slightly more intense than it comes out in this picture. I wish I'd a slightly more reddish pink to do the base with, but this doesn't look bad either.

On a side note, I'm having a lot of trouble using the brushes I bought. The nail polish clumps up on it, and it doesn't go on with a nice even coat like I'd like. The white I ended up just using the brush in the bottle, and the greens I had to do a couple layers to get them looking good. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's because I'm using polish instead of acrylics, or if the polish I'm using is poor quality, but in any case I get the feeling that this is much harder than it needs to be.

Next week I have to do more tame nails for a couple reasons, but the week after I'm going to start the 31 "day" challenge! I'm really excited, I'm already starting to make plans. If you haven't seen it before, this is what I'm talking about:


No comments:

Post a Comment