Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 1: Red nails! But first....

Also known as I was busy last week and didn't have time to post, so today I'm posting my last design as well as my current one!

Last week I had a few important things going on that required more demure nails. I decided on a french manicure, but I thought just doing a normal one would be too boring. So, I added a flower based on a design I saw on Evening Lavender, though I didn't do quite as well as she did. I still like the results, though!


The base coat is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Beige Blast", and the design uses Kiss Nail Art Paint in White and LA Colours' "Sea Siren". I really liked this design, it was subtle but had just a little bit of flair to it. On another note, I love the lighting in this picture! Too bad it was taken at a hotel that I won't be back to any time soon. I need to experiment around my house and see if I can get the same kind of quality here.

I was really happy with my nails last week too, they had finally reached what I felt was the perfect length. Just long enough to look pretty, but not so long that they got in the way. Of course, as soon as I decided that I broke two nails and had to cut the rest off to match. Sigh.

However, I don't really care because I'm finally starting the 31 day challenge! The first day is red nails, but as I don't like to just do a solid colour I decided to spruce it up a bit.


The red is LA Colors' "Cayenne Pepper", which happens to be one of my favourite polishes. I also used the BM19 stamp with Konad Special Polish in White, and divided the colours with a line of Sephora by OPI's "Queen of Everything". Unfortunately the white stamp shows through the red even after two layers, so if I did this design again I would want to stamp red over white polish rather than the other way around. I don't own red polish that's good for stamping though, so this will have to do. On the bright side, the white shows through a lot more in this picture than it does in real life.

I like this design, but I already can't wait to move onto the next one. I've planned out about two-thirds of the designs for the challenge already! For those of you who haven't seen the 31-day challenge before, here's the list of what I have to do:

No comments:

Post a Comment