Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just a little bit late...

I did my nails last weekend. Took the pictures, planned the blog post, and......things happened. Better late than never right? Here's the design I just took off yesterday:


The base coast is Tivoli in white, and the stamped design is Konad special nail polish in black. I painted the tip on using Sephora's Queen of Everything and Kiss Nail Art Paint in black.

This was my first time using nail stamps, so it definitely wasn't perfect. I managed to smudge the design on the bottoms of a few fingers when I put on my top coat, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the result!

What I'm not super happy with is the image plates I got. After seeing the Bundle Monster plates on several different nail blogs, I thought I'd buy some because I'd really like options for designs I can do that won't take hours upon hours to get right and the price was right. As much as I've had enough time lately to waste time experimenting and doing things wrong, as exams and such pick up I'm going to need my time for other things. However, I should have done a little bit more research before buying. I chose the 21-plate set because I liked the selection of designs and because 21 was more than I would ever need so the 25 seemed even more excessive. Turns out that the 21-set has the old designs that are smaller than your average thumbnail. Such is life. Thankfully most of the designs I like can be extended using the stamp multiple times, so I'll keep using these in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Verrah noice!
    I like the tips you've done, it breaks up the pattern a little bit without overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It seemed like a pretty bold pattern to have over the entire nail, so the tips seemed lit a good idea.

    ReplyDelete