Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My first product review!

So, this week I am off visiting The Boy on the other side of the country. I knew I would want to refresh my nail polish, but I also didn't want to carry around a lot of different colours. This presented me an opportunity to try out a product I've been curious about for ages: Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips. I chose the colour "I Love Lacey", and I am very pleased with the results!


The final result was quite impressive. I spent maybe a quarter of the time that I normally would painting my nails, and of course the design is way more intricate than anything I could ever do. Putting them on was a lot easier than I was expecting, too. If I had the opportunity to use this again, I most certainly would! That, however, brings me to the negatives.

First of all, the sizes available really did not fit my nails. This isn't really a new thing for me, I've always had issues with fake nails and such when it comes to finding the right size for each nail. I ended up having to make the thumb, pointer, and middle finger strips smaller, and the ring and pinky fingers are too small. This problem isn't really enough to keep me from using these again, mostly because I was expecting it. What will keep me from using these again is the price. After taxes they cost me about $10, and you only get one use out of the package. That is way more than what I can afford. So, unless I can find them seriously discounted, I won't be buying them again. Even though I love them. A lot.

Well, that's about it for me. I hope the week has been treating you well!

1 comment:

  1. Ok: MATCHING STOCKINGS.

    (just the black lace pattern, I mean - no red)

    ReplyDelete