Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Doing a design for Valentine's day turned out to be a bit of a disaster for me.

Saturday night I made my first attempt. I had a design in mind that would use some of the bundle monster plates that would be very holiday-appropriate. Red background, some lines and hearts over top of that in white, and then a black kiss in the corner. I thought it would be nice, but it was doomed from the very start. First it took me two hours just to do my base coat because I kept screwing up two fingernails. Every time I repainted them, I got impatient and touched them before I should have. When I finally got the base coats finished, I spent another hour stamping on the designs. Once I finished my left hand, I examined my work and......it looked ridiculous. I took it all off. I didn't have the heart to start all over again, so I called it a night.

Sunday I tried again, this time with a completely different idea. Boyfriend had suggested doing x's and o's, and that inspired me to do this design for Valentine's day:


The base coat is cayenne pepper from LA Colors, and the design is done in Kiss Nail Art Paint in white.

This is not my best work. In case you can't tell, those are supposed to be x's and o's on the tip. My polish was a bit too dried out, so I was having trouble working with it. Also, I think this design would be a lot nicer on longer nails. Overall though, I like the idea. It just needs a bit more tweaking.

In other news, I am considering doing the 31 day nail challenge. Well, it would end up being the 31 week nail challenge for me, but I think it would be fun. I have a few more designs I want to do first though, so if I do start this it won't be for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment