Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 16: Tribal Print

This is, by far, the most labour-intensive manicure I have ever done. It took me 3.5 hours. That being said, I think it turned out fantastic and was worth every gruelling minute.


I know it's not quite the usual tribal, but I didn't want to do the usual tribal. I decided to use an Aztec calendar my boyfriend gave me as inspiration. To get the effect I wanted, I painted the whole nail with Sally Hansen nailgrowth Miracle in "White Tip", then sponged Revlon Top Speed in "Espresso" all over the nails. After that, I used a toothpick (because my brushes seem to have gone walkabout) to make the design in the brown, then added some more white to accent the design. Here's some picture of the calendar to show you the effect I was going for:



The design I was trying to copy is running through the middle again. I'm very happy with how the manicure turned out, but I will probably never do it ever again because it just took way too long.


2 comments:

  1. I love it!It even has that kind of aged look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's what I was trying to go for. :D

    ReplyDelete