Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 14: Flowers

I will admit that I wasn't very inspired by flowers. I wanted to so something fun and pretty that took up the whole nail, but my skills weren't quite up to my ideas. Finally, my boyfriend suggested that I make the thumb the centre of the flower and my fingers the petals, and I thought this was brilliant. I figured a sunflower would be best for this because they have large centers and small petals. Unfortunately, my follow-through was not as good as the idea. Part of the issue is that I was rushing to do it at work and therefore couldn't spend as much time on the details that I normally would. The rest of the issue is that I was just lazy. In any case, here's how it turned out:


The effect is really meant to work with both hands put together, but I had to use one of my hands to take the picture. I photoshopped it to try and get the effect, but it really didn't work all that well. It looks better when I do it in person.


Neither of these pictures shows the effort I put in to making the thumb look like the centre of the flower:


All in all, this is not my favourite manicure I've done and I'll probably take it off tomorrow and move to the next one. The yellow is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Lightening" and the brown is Revlon Top Speed's "Espresso". The orange and black are both acrylic paint.

On a positive note, I really like this brown. I bought it specifically for this manicure but I'll definitely be using it again!

2 comments:

  1. What a creative idea! When you put all of your nails together, I was in awe!! (found you through Reddit Laqueristas!) I have a blog too, but I do nail art as well as makeup stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just wish I'd done the petals a bit differently. :)

    PS - I like your nucleotide nails!

    ReplyDelete