Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Winter blues

One of the few downsides to the area I live in is that "winter" generally lasts from October until April and consists of a lot of rain. Not snow, just cold, wet, rain. And every year, without fail, I find myself getting a little blue a few months in. Then we'll get two days of sunshine, and it's amazing how much my mood improves. Thankfully this year we've had a relatively good winter weather-wise, but I still found myself feeling very blah. I had planed on doing a bright, vibrant manicure, but these colours ended up calling to me instead.



This was my first time trying the reverse french manicure, and I decided to do it using the hole protectors to get the shape. My hand is not all that steady, so I tend to like to fall back on taping. In hindsight I wish I'd at least gone over the design a few times with the lighter colour as it doesn't show very well. but I do like this colour combo!



The base colour is "Blue Lagoon" and the lighter colour is "Ocean Mist", both by LA colours. I love these colours and I love this manicure, it really suited my mood. I just wish it looked as good as these pictures in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment