Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun with scrapbooking scissors!

I'll never forget the day I figured out how to do taping on my nails. I'd tried a few times before but always ended up peeling off the base colour. Finally I saw somewhere that you were supposed to reduce the stickiness a bit, and my life was changed. I love taping, it's such a simple way to make clean but beautiful designs. As someone who struggles with a shaky hand, tape is a lifesaver.

Long before I figured out the whole taping thing though I saw some manicures over at Chloe's Nails that involved using scrapbooking scissors to cut the tape. I thought it looked amazing, especially considering how simple they are to do, so after recently acquiring a set of scissors I finally got around to giving this a try! It was every bit as glorious as I thought it would be. Easy, relatively quick, and it got me lots of compliments.





The gray is "Fog" and the black is "Onyx", both by Joe Fresh, while the silver is "Queen of Everything" by Sephora. I couldn't help but stare at this manicure all day, it was so pretty. I can't wait to try some of the other scissors I have and see what looks I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment