Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Simple, subtle, and swirly

Continuing on the effort to try each of my new Joe Fresh nail polishes, this manicure is focused on "Frost". I had quite a bit of trouble figuring out what to do with this. At first I thought it was supposed to go over other colours to give them a frosted look, but I quickly learned that was not the case. Then I tried to paint it on as a solid colour, but after 3 coats I gave up. I finally stamped a design on over top, and it ended up looking pretty good! I think if I had stuck to 2 coats I could have used it as a sparkly, fairly neutral base colour for french manicure. It still works like this, but it could definitely be improved. Unfortunately the pictures don't really do it justice...there's a lot more sparkle in it than it shows here.




Base colour is Joe Fresh in "Frost", design is Konad Special Nail Polish in white, and the stamp I used was BM 220.

No comments:

Post a Comment