Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Glitter of my dreams

Blog titles are hard. This one feels like it should be the name for a glitter nail polish.

Back in September, I walked into a store in Las Vegas and saw a dark silver glitter polish by Deborah Lippmann with big, chunky pieces of glitter. It was love at first sight. Unfortunately, at $18 per bottle it was a little outside of my price range, especially because there was a red glitter that I fell in love with too. It broke my heart but I walked away empty handed. Thankfully the universe had other plans!

Last week I walked into Sephora to pick up a few things and figured that I might as well check out the nail polish while I was there. It's also usually outside of my price range, but looking couldn't hurt right? And there it was. "To The Glitter End" by Sephora by OPI. A (slightly) cheaper alternative to the nail polish I fell in love with. Nice, big chunks of dark silver glitter just calling my name. I couldn't walk away this time.

Ever since I first saw the Deborah Lippmann polish way back in Vegas I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted this glitter solid on my nails. It used up 1/4 of the bottle of polish so I probably won't be doing it again, but man oh man it was everything I dreamed of and more.




For this manicure I put on two coats of "Black Pearl" by LA Colors (which, by the way, is a beautiful nail polish and I can't believe I haven't used it sooner) and then sort of stamped the glitter over top using a make up sponge. The solid glitter gave the nails a really cool dented metal look! I decided to try an accent nail as well, so I stamped a mesh pattern from BM-208 on my ring finger using Konad special nail polish in black. Not sure it really worked, but from a distance you couldn't even tell it was there.

I'm so glad I finally got this nail polish, and I'm so glad I finally did this manicure! I don't think I'll do it again, you can see how much of the polish I used up, but it looked amazing and every time I looked at my nails it made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment