Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shiny stripes

I've seen many fellow bloggers do designs that involve both shiny and matte topcoats, and I think they always look simple but very elegant. I decided to try my hand at it, and it turned out pretty well! Unfortunately, painting these nails turned out to be a lot easier than photographing them, so I've taken a couple in hopes that between the two you can get a good idea of what it looks like. I apologize in advance for the chipping and such, I had to wait a day to take the pictures and in that time I managed to damage three different nails.



The black is from the Monster High Nail Polish set, the shiny topcoat is by Sally Hansen Salon Manicure, and the matte topcoat is by Sephora by OPI. The first picture is in natural light, and the second picture is using the lighting in my bedroom. I'm so sad that it's already starting to get damaged, hopefully I can make it last until Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Those are lovely! I always enjoy the contrast between matte and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matte/shiny effect of this mani! So edgy!

    ReplyDelete