Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 24: Inspired by a book



I had a bit of trouble with the inspiration for this one. Most of the books that popped into my head couldn't be easily translated to a manicure. Eventually, though, I settled on this design.


The colours are "Perfect Sunset" and "Paradise Pink" by LA Colours, as well as the purple from the monster high nail polish set. Please excuse the bumpiness of my thumb nail, I tore my nail pretty bad so I've patched it up with a piece of a tea bag until it grows out enough I can cut it.

I used Janet Evanovich, one of my favourite authors, as inspiration. She write the Stephanie Plum series, which is some of the funniest books that I have ever read in my life. Doing a plum manicure seemed a little bit dark for summer though, so instead I adapted this cover art into a nail design:


Not my favourite book of hers, but still funny nonetheless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment