Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 22: Inspired by a song

For this challenge, I chose to use a song by one of my favourite artists. His name is Dan Mangan, and the first song I ever heard by him was one called "Robots". The most memorable part of the song comes near the end, where he starts singing that robots need love too. From that line, I came up with this manicure!


The silver is "Queen of Everything" by Sephora by OPI, and the red on the accent nail (which unfortunately doesn't really show well in this picture) is Maybelline Express Finish in "Red Comet". It's a really nice sparkly red, but I wish I'd used a bright pink instead to give it a more obvious colour. As for the eyes on the robot, I accidentally put the polishes away and now I can't remember which ones I used. It's not a great example of the colours anyways.

If I did this manicure again, I think I wouldn't put the colours in the eyes. It looks good here, they remind me of robots from futurama, but I think they looked better with just the white.

Anyways, for anyone interested this is the song that inspired it all! The infamous line starts at 2:44.


No comments:

Post a Comment