Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Decorated french manicure

Back in December my mom gave me some nail stickers as a gift. I've been waiting for a good reason to use them as they're a little bit too fancy for everyday wear, and I figured the wedding I'm going to this weekend is the perfect excuse. One of the nail stickers I got was clusters of jewels and pearls and I thought it would look great with a french manicure. The jewels stick out quite a bit so I'm a bit worried that they won't make it through the night. I've got some serious nail bling going on though!



I used the Kiss french manicure guides to do the tips, and I'm a bit iffy about them. On some nails, my pinky especially, it ends up being pretty much straight across rather than a nice curve. I guess I'll just have to get better at free-handing it. Also, what looks like bubbles around the jewels is actually glitter! I took a picture with natural light to try and show the decorations a little bit better.


For these nails I did a base coat of Rimmel's "French Lingerie", then did the tips with Sally Hansen's "White On". The stickers are from Daiso, a fantastic $2 store that has anything and everything in it. I've already gotten some compliments on these nails, and I only left the house for about 30 minutes. I love them, let's just keep our fingers crossed that they'll last!

1 comment: