Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sparkling peacock

So technically I already posted my last Christmas-themed nails, but I've ended up drawing inspiration from my favourite new ornament on our tree. My mom wanted to get new decorations this year and took me shopping with her. I spotted this beautiful, sparkly peacock that you clip onto a tree branch and decided we had to have it. Unfortunately it kind of blends into the tree and it's hard to see from a distance, but it's still absolutely gorgeous. As a tribute to this ornament, I decided to do some sparkly nails with a peacock accent.



The base coat is "Splash" and the sparkles are "Aqua Crystals", both by LA Colors. For the accent nail, the peacock design is done using "Celeb City" by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear, "Ocean Breeze" by Revlon Scented Nail Enamel, and "Blue Lagoon" by LA Colors. On a side note, most of my nails have just about reached the perfect length, which means they'll probably be breaking off any day now. Fingers crossed that I can keep them long for at least a week!

For anyone interested, here's the ornament that inspired the whole thing:


No comments:

Post a Comment